I can’t recommend ROT enough. TLDR; think of it as a GIANT Knotts Scary Farm/HHN maze! Here are some tips, full review below that!
- I buy my tickets online so I can pick cheaper days to visit but they sell @ door too - the online tickets give you a timeslot but I’ve been late before and been fine.
- The parking is plenty + free (bc mall) but the wait time is LONG, at least an hour unless you get there super early or get VIP tickets. I usually get in line as a group so people can peel off for the bathroom/get food, ice cream etc. Also once you get closer they have scare actors that will come up to you in the line + fun props/theming.
- Once you get inside there is not a bathroom! The mall has tons of nice bathrooms outside the venue, & there will be time to go bc of the line.
- For both the line/haunt itself, I do NOT recommend heels - the floor moves at times + I think you’d be pretty tired by the end of the night from standing in line.
- If you miss all of October, they do a lights out version the 1st weekend of November where you walk the haunt with a glow stick + a Krampus version for Xmas - I personally enjoyed the glow stick but I’d only recommend it if you’ve already done the walkthrough bc all the beautiful details get lost in the dim light & it’s hard to tell what you’re seeing at all. I vote Krampus > Glowstick if you miss out on October but still want to go.
- For free pictures, I would recommend taking pics with all the cool props/actors in the main outside area as you’re in line - they have a professional setup inside too but that one costs.
- Since you’re in line a long time + once you’re in there’s no break, I recommend making a night of it - my friends & I usually go out to eat/drink beforehand or go see a movie.
- Earplugs could be a good investment if you have a hard time with loud noises + a mask if you have a smoke machine sensitivity (there is a lot).
- If you’re really scared, there’s a walkthrough on YouTube but it’ll show EVERYTHING so I don’t recommend it unless you want spoilers. The trailer is great though!
- Lastly, help them help you - if you see the line inside the house getting clogged, either hurry through or wait & help them space it out, otherwise you’ll miss out on the scares. There are actors inside stationed to help with this but it was a really big problem year past because people were being jerks + standing around or not moving so it got super clogged and we could see what was coming.
First of all, 140 rooms! In a MALL! THAT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR! That should tell you what you need to know right off the bat. Secondly, they have all kinds of animatronics + production value - I always tell people it’s like walking a scary fun house! Fourth, at 35$ a ticket, it beats out HHN + Knotts by a ton - yes you only walk through once, but I usually make a night of getting food or watching a movie beforehand, waiting in line, and then walking through for like 45 minutes (takes a long time to get through)! It’s a perfect alternative if you’re looking to save money but get the same level of production value. Fourth, there’s so many different themes & they’re adding in something new every year so there’s something for everyone! I will say that they usually reuse what they’ve done years past, so I don’t recommend watching a walk through (unless you’re really scared or don’t care about spoilers), and if you’re someone who wants something new each year I think you can probably only do this once - but I love it for that reason. They keep the same stuff which means they actually invest MONEY into the robots working + have incredible sets/props already around! I make it a point to take people with me every year - if they haven’t gone they’re in for a treat and if they have then we get to see what new twists they added! I think they have a new scare zone/theme for this one, for example! The actors are always amazing, I always get got by at least one thing even though I’ve been at least 3 times. I can’t recommend it enough for a fun night!